19 February 2008
[MOVIE]Juno
I know, I know, Juno is NC16 and it's again, a show with "sexual reference" according to our darling government. I know exactly that I have cite yet again another film with sexual contents involved. I didn't mean that k?
Haha. Anyway, Juno is a good film to watch. It doesn't really fall into the usual trap of those typical hollywood shows about teen pregnency and stuff, it has its own solutions and perspectives. Most importantly, Jason Reitman can put it very well versed into the film. Good job done!
ANYWAY, giving it a review is not what I wanna do here. I am here to share with everyone a very interesting and thought-provoking quote from the film. It's a dialogue between Juno and her father. Take a closer look at the lines, espcially the bolded.
Juno came home after seeing the parting couple.
"Hey, Dad."
"Hey, big puffy version of Junebug. Where have you been?"
"Hmm... Just dealing with things way beyond my maturity level."
...
"You're looking a little morose, honey. What's eating you?"
"I'm just like, losing my faith with humanity."
"Can you narrow that down for me?"
"I just... wonder if... like... two people can stay together for good."
"You mean like couples?"
"Yeah, like... people in love."
Father hesitated,
"Are you having boy trouble? 'cause I gotta be honest; I don't really much approve of you dating in your condition, that's kind of messed up."
"No, Dad!"
"I mean, that's pretty skanky. Isn't that what you girls call it? Skanky? Skeevy?"
"Please stop."
Father insisted with teasing Juno, "Tore up from the floor up?"
"That's not what it's about. I just need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever."
"Well, it's not easy, that's for sure."
Father sniggered at himself, "and I don't have the best track record, I know, but I've been with your stepmother for ten years now, and I'm proud to say that we're very happy."
Father continued.
"Look, in my opinion, the best thing you can do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person is still gonna think the sun shines out of your ass."
Juno laughed and Father went on.
"That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with."
After some thoughts, "Yeah," Juno identified, "yeah, I think I've found that person."
"Yeah, sure you have. Your old D-A-D! You know I'll always be there to love you, support you, no matter what kind of pickle you're in."
Father looked at the preg Juno, "obviously."
"Dad, I think I'm just gonna, like shove out for a sec, but I won't be home late."
"Okay. You were talking about me, right?"
It was Juno's turn to hesitate, "Oh yeah."
Haha, guess this is more like an extract rather than a quote:-P Apologize for me being incapable to summarize...>.<
Enjoy the dialogue? If you did, do go and get a ticket and have a good 92-minutes at GV or Cathay=)
DianJun, the Butterfly, amourized @ 21:00
+++
我爱你
爱疯了